The job club is open each week on a Wednesday afternoon, between 2pm and 4.15pm. Our aim to is to support Deaf and Hard of Hearing into work or into voluntary roles where possible. An interpreter is on site for the afternoon and volunteers are all able to sign.
There is no need to arrange an appointment, you can just drop in.
- The Darby and Joan Social Meeting – Tuesdays from 1pm to 3pm, including Bingo. New members are welcome.
- The Sports and Social Club- meet fortnightly on a Tuesday evening from 7pm – 11pm. New members are welcome
- The Sports and Social Club Family events run each month on a Saturday.
- Church – Services are held on the first Tuesday of each month, in Sign Language. Services start at 12.45pm
- Sign and Create Group - Wednesday mornings 10-12noon. New members welcome
- Sign Inn café open Wednesday from 9.30am to 11.30am, all welcome
- Our Offices are open from 9am to 5pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Advocacy Volunteers available Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 10.30 and 3.30pm, by appointment.
- We work closely with the Local Authority in referring for specialised equipment in the home.
- Venue Hire of Function room and Chapel
- The Society is a Hate Crime Reporting Centre
- Audiology run a clinic on the 4th Tuesday of each month. Clinic time are 9.30 -12 noon.
- Hearing aid batteries are available for NHS hearing aids for Bolton residents. (provision of brown book required for collection)
- Advocate- Sylvia Dobinson
- Advocate- Linda Crooke
- Peer Advocate- Philip Bridge